Have you ever wondered how hot water systems work? Hot water systems aren’t really a regular topic of conversation with friends, but it is something worth considering – especially if you’re looking for cost-effective measures to combat high energy bills or an upgrade for your current hot water system in Baulkham Hills. We’ve compiled a few important facts about different hot water systems and what their benefits are.
Facts On Hot Water Systems
The Australian government has provided the public with some information on hot water systems. Below are some of them:
- For the average Australian homeowner, water heating is the biggest and main source of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Right after space heating and cooling, heating water utilises the most energy in the home.
- The energy used by water heating sums up to 25% in homes with 23% generating greenhouse gas emissions.
- 50% of Australian homes, like residents of Baulkham Hills, use electric water heaters and contribute to over 75% of hot water greenhouse gas emissions.
- We use half the water usage at home in bathrooms and just over a ⅓ for laundry with the remainder being used in kitchens.
- Australians find that electric storage hot water heaters are the best choice to go by.
Types of Hot Water Systems
Here are the two main types of hot water heaters and the benefits of each:
- Storage systems: These have hot water stored in an insulated tank, there for when you need it.
- Continuous Flow systems: Also known as instantaneous systems, which heat water as and when required.
The benefits of each are as follows:
- Popular among homeowners in Baulkham Hills for electric hot water.
- They have up to warranties of up to 10 years.
- These systems come with either 1 or 2 sacrificial anodes. This helps prevent corrosion in the tank.
- They come in stainless steel tanks which means they last longer, and require less maintenance.
Continuous Flow Systems
- These are cheaper to operate than storage systems.
- They do not have a problem with heat loss.
- Water in these systems is only heated when needed; therefore, the hot water doesn’t run out.
- With continuous flow systems, you only heat the water you intend on using.
While choosing what kind of hot water heater to install is a personal choice, hopefully, this information is helpful. As knowledgeable hot water experts, we believe in providing the public with valuable information to assist them to live more comfortable lives.
Contact DC Advance for hot water services in Baulkham Hills.